Welcome to Console Quest! In this text-based adventure game, you'll embark on a journey to explore the world, complete quests, and defeat powerful enemies.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Adventurer Classes
- Shopping and Healing
- Death Mechanics
- Before You Embark
When you start the game, you'll be prompted to choose a character class. You'll then be placed in a random location in the world.
During the game, you'll encounter various enemies. Engage in combat by using your class's unique attributes. Keep track of your health, power, and defense as you progress through the game.
You'll gain experience points (EXP) by defeating enemies. Upon leveling up, your character's attributes will improve, and you'll unlock new abilities.
There are four classes to choose from:
- Warrior - More power and less defense
- Mage - Less power and more defense
- Rogue - Balanced power and defense
- Thief - Less power, less defense, and more starting gold
Throughout the game, you'll encounter various quests. Complete them by fulfilling the quest requirements, such as defeating a certain number of enemies. Upon completing a quest, you'll be rewarded with gold.
Shopping and Healing Mechanics
In Console Quest, players have the opportunity to visit the shop and medic to buy items or heal themselves. This section explains the shopping and healing mechanics and their importance in the game.
The in-game shop offers various items that can improve the player's Power and Defense or provide other benefits like healing. The player has a chance to visit the shop at random intervals during the game when prompted with a choice to enter the shop or medic. The following steps outline the shopping process:
- The game displays the available items in the shop inventory, along with their prices.
- The player chooses an item to purchase by entering the corresponding item number.
- If the player has enough gold to buy the chosen item, the cost is deducted from their gold, and the item is added to their inventory or character stats.
- If the player cannot afford the item, they will receive a message stating that they don't have enough gold.
Some of the available items include:
- Beer - Restores health
- Shank - Increases power
- Sword - Increases power
- Ghillie Suit - Increases defense
- Steel Armor - Increases defense
- Axe - Increases power
- Staff - Increases power and healing
- Bow - Increases power
The medic provides healing services to the player for a certain gold cost. Like shopping, the player can visit the medic at random intervals when prompted. The healing process is as follows:
- The game displays the healing cost, which is calculated based on the player's level and current gold.
- The player chooses to visit the medic by entering the corresponding choice number.
- If the player has enough gold to pay for the healing service, the cost is deducted from their gold, and their health is restored to the maximum value.
- If the player cannot afford the healing service, they will receive a message stating that they don't have enough gold.
Both shopping and healing mechanics are crucial to the player's survival and progress in Console Quest. They allow players to manage their resources and make strategic decisions on when and what to spend their gold on.
In Console Quest, player death is a crucial part of the game experience. This section will explain the death mechanics and how they impact the gameplay.
When a player's health reaches zero, they are considered dead. The following events occur upon player death:
- The game displays a defeat message, informing the player that they have been defeated and by which enemy.
- The player's total days survived are displayed.
- The player's inventory, including the number of souls they had when they died, is displayed.
- The player's corpse drops their current gold.
Game Over and Saving
The game will automatically save your progress. You can load a saved game at any time by starting the game and choosing the saved game option.
Restarting the Game
Upon death, the game exits, and the player will need to restart Console Quest to play again. When the game is restarted, it will load the saved game state and continue from the last saved state. If the player has died, their soul will be reincarnated into a new vessel and their corpse will be archived.
Before you embark...
Remember, Console Quest is a game where players face challenges and learn from their mistakes. Death is part of the journey, and overcoming it is part of the fun!
Good luck on your adventure!